Monday, December 30, 2013

Visiting my good friend John


Some days are buisier than others in my small life. I have had a busy week and it's only Monday night! I have to tell you about it though.

By now you know I am a CCI puppy in training, so I am learning a lot! Self control can be hard for me, I am after all a puppy. But there are some moments I just know that I am that "Puppy with a purpose" Mom talks about. Mom and Mandi know these amazing people named John and Schelli and little Kherrington Bolta. I really liked John! I think mom was worried because this was one of my first outings, about how I would behave, but I knew when I walked in that special place call Hospice, that things were different there. It smelled different, was lighted differently, and I was "on". We went to the room, and I sat patiently while mom knocked. When we went in, I knew right away who I was supposed to visit! I crawled up in his arms and was very careful with my puppy paws and said "hello" to John. He was a dog guy, and didn't care if I wiggled a bit! I loved being petted, and he was really good at it! I just sat next to him for a while on the couch and Schelli took our picture. Mom says she will treasure that one! This is the same John I hear mom and dad praying for together. He is a bright shiny light for Jesus and lives his life in the victory of God's amazing grace-so they say. I just know he was a great snuggler, talked to me like I was a big dog, and I loved my visit with my new friend John!

Next a whole bunch of people showed up! They brought coke, John's favorite, dinner, and his sweet daughter. Other friends and family were there, and you know what I did, I laid down in the middle of it all and took it all in. They all love each other so much. The kids were petting me, the adults said something about how good I was. Of course, I knew it was a special place and that I needed to have that special self control.

Well, mom decided we should leave. We hugged, or wagged at, everyone and went down the hall. John was down the hall so I got to meet his nurse and say goodbye.

We went back again, but John was asleep. That was okay...I met some new friends! Mom is making sure my rear end is on the ground as I sit and visit with them!

I hope I get to go and visit my friends John and Schelli again! Mom asks that you all pray for them!


Here we are! He liked my profile! I liked his too!




My next visit out was the County Treasurers office where we waited a long time in line for mom to do something with her car. People were rushing up to pet me, but mom asked them not to please as I was "working". Did you know when a service dog has a vest on they are working? I just thought I looked cute! The reason is, they need to focus on their "person" and what that "person" needs from them. The mailman asked though to pet me, and mom said yes! He was nice and wanted to take me home! I sat still. Then I laid down. We moved up, I laid down again. A lady was loud on her phone, I was quieter than her. I sat as mom talked to the lady at the window. Mom explained to someone again about service dogs, and puppy's in training. She has cute cards she gives out with our names on them that explain it too!


When we were done, mom said "Let's go" that is my command to walk with mom somewhere, anywhere she goes, so I did. We went out to the busy street, got to the car, where mom says "Car". Then she lifts me up into the car to get into my kennel. Then I get a treat!

I am getting good at this but it does wear me out! I laid under mom's desk and buried my nose in my blanket and slept till lunch!


Can you tell I was sleepy, I had lunch and slept the afternoon away while mom worked.

It is one busy puppy life I tell you! Now I have to go get ready for dinner! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment