Monday, December 23, 2013

Continuing the Adventure...trees, toys, and the vet....

Wow! It is December already! I have been a very busy puppy already. I am getting to know this wonderful family that I live with. Mama Kim is my main puppy raiser, then there is Todd the dad, Jordan and Colton the boys, and I was so excited when Mandi came home from college to meet me. Boston and Gunner are my new friends, like brothers, and they love to teach me how to be a good puppy too!

Aren't they handsome! They play in the snow with me!



We brought a tree in the house! At first I thought it might be for me to chew on. I learned quickly that was "not gonna happen" as mom said. They put lights are really pretty toys on it. One morning, when mom answered a phone call, I took some of the lights off. She quickly learned that I am a very curious puppy, and need to go right back in my kennel if she is not able to hang out and teach me things. I have learned so much! I know sit, down, stay, shake, wait, ok, how to walk nicely on a gentle leader, how to sit so people can pet my beautiful coat, my name of course, and I am learning more each day!



I have met and really like my new veterinarian. His name is Dr. Webb. He gives me treats (the ones my mom brings) at the vet. I have a very dry coat right now because it is really cold and dry in Montana. We talked about some vitamin E for my food. Then, he looked in the ear I have been itching for a while. I have an ear infection. He told mom she was doing a great job keeping it clean, but I needed special medicine to go in it. So they swabbed it to make sure, and now it is feeling better and less itchy. It was getting warm, and now it has cooled off too. I enjoy going to the vet as they think I am a "little big deal". They were also talking about a puppy named Leslie that used to live here. I hope I can live up to her name, she sounded pretty special.



Some times mom tries to dress us up to take a picture. I am thinking I like these things on my head! When they fall off, I pick them up until mom says "drop". That is another word she says a lot. Every time I go and "fetch" my toy, I bring it back and she says "drop". So I do, and she throws it again! It is a good word! Anyway, Christmas is a big deal here in our home. The people have been baking lots of things that smell so good. I like to lay on my comfy dog bed, with my leash attached to the kitchen table, and chew on my toy and watch them. This way I feel like I am part of the family. They of course love having me close to them. Pretty music plays here a lot too. There is a trombone that Colton plays for me, and a drum the Jordan plays. The noise does not bother me a bit. Mom says I have to be exposed to lots of sights and sounds now so I won't be afraid later. That is ok with me! I haven't met a sound that bothers me yet!


I also have learned to "dress". Mom puts a pretty cape on me that lets people know that I am a puppy in training with Canine Companions for Independence. I don't mind it at all. I don't really like the car yet. It is not the noise, I just don't like to get in the crate in the back of the car. I like being around people. I settle down quickly though, because I know mom is going to let me out soon and take me somewhere fun! At work there is a special blanket for me under her desk that I lay on. It is warm and cozy and I like hanging out there. The snow is still deep for me, as I am only 26 pounds. I love putting my nose down and playing bulldozer in it! It did take me a while to want to go "hurry" in it, but mom insisted, so I did. No problem now!



Well, I need a nap now! Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your holiday time with your family! I will tell you more about my adventures soon!

Cheers!

Pam- PIT ( Puppy in training)

No comments:

Post a Comment